my favourite bookshelves and ledges
I’m a huge fan of kids books. I love giving our favourites as gifts, and I love sitting down with my littles and escaping into a story at the end of the day. I know many of you are overwhelmed by books. So. Many. Books. I get asked a lot about book organization, storage and displaying of books so I thought I’d put together a few of my favourite bookcases, ledges and how to’s when it comes to organizing them.
First things first. Let’s chat about organizing books.
- How many of you have books on every level of your house, in different bins or drawers, and in every bedroom? How many of you are feeling overwhelmed and cluttered?
- I like to create a library in the home. Gather every single book you have.
- Before you put them in a designated area, go through them and decide if there are any books that need to be donated or repaired.
- Store them in a closet, cupboard or bookshelf that is accessible to your children.
- Next get your children to choose 10-12 books to store in their rooms or in the places they read most. Book ledges, and baskets are perfect for storing.
- Lastly find a solution for their space that allows the books to be displayed and organized.
- Rotate books on a monthly basis or however often they feel they need to be replaced.
- Seasonal books can be brought in or displayed when needed.
Ok now let’s chat ledges and bookcases.. Here are some of my favourites!
- Acrylic book ledge; 2. Gold Shelf; 3. White book ledge; 4. White and Gold ledge; 5. Wood Shelf
- Acrylic house bookcase; 2. Geometric Maze bookcase; 3. Mid Century modern bookcase; 4. White cube bookcase; 5. Grey and white Mid-Century; 6. Standalone bookcase; 7. Wicker Giraffe bookcase; 8. Modern tree bookcase; 9. Mini Library; 10. Jenny Lind bookcase; 11. Gold wire bookcase; 12. Standalone bookcase
There will some organizing tips, a system, and furniture in place I hope that you will all be able to have a little more peace in your lives.. well at least when it comes to kids books!